Saturday, March 22, 2014

Internet - The Afrika Way

What’s really good people?

It is not even 48 hours into this MADDENING 2014 NCAA tournament and these college boys are busting folk brackets left and right. I just knew I was fitna get that Warren Buffet Quicken Loans money sha ni. I tell you what though, seeing Duke getting knocked out in the first round and watching the white boy hit da “NeNe dance” on that a** feels just as good as winning a billion dollars. Whats really crazy is sometimes when I get to actually catch some of the games I can’t believe my old but has been out of school going on 15 years. Na Wa O!    

SHOUT-OUTS (S/O)

(S/O) To all of the viewers, followers & readers of the MY OMO NAIJA blogspot. Thank you for your continued support. Love iz Love! P
  
Ok people; let me get focused…

This week I want to touch on this phenomenon in the Afrikan community call the INTERNET. Many of you have grown to refer to it as a global system of interconnected computer networks that serve billions of users worldwide. To the new Afrikan person on the continent that has now finally gained regular usage of this tool, the internet to them is the modern day encyclopedia in which nothing you can offer them is deemed legitimate or accurate if not publicized on the IN-TER-NET.

While I am on the topic of the internet let me quickly just state the obvious and move past the easy or cache “419” or email solicitation jokes that so many of you like to forward to my attention about how a relative of mine has asked you to be the beneficiary of $200 million unclaimed in some beneficiary account that does not exist. The funny thing about those emails to me are; 1) many of those solicitations actually have no ties to Nigeria anymore and 2) Just because you are of Nigerian decent those not mean you are not a target for this old and tired scam.        

Now let me tell you what the latest trend is with Afrikans and their use of the internet, I honestly am unable to keep count of how many times somebody back home in Africa will inbox me to assist them with a purchase or the search of a particular product all to turnaround and start to argue with you on how you are trying to cheat them out of their money because the pricing they looked up did not match what you presented to them as a cost. My favorite is the opening statement of “I beg my friend don’t think say we don’t have internet here in Africa o”? My typical response is “well if you have all this information in the first place what you need me for then”??? Oh; throw in a couple of four letter words at the end of the sentence to boot.

Another habit all Afrikans have really going overboard with now is their excess consumption of blogs and all the negative gossip that dominates so many of its social media sites. As an individual that blogs as a means to bring Afrikans across the diaspora together this wave of trash is a total waste of energy and resources. I don’t care to know which nollywood actress is now sleeping with some Nigerian music artist or who spent the most money on a wedding with public money, etc.


www noni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS