Saturday, March 8, 2014

AS SEEN ON TV

What’s really good people?

We in March and there is still snow outside here in the DMV. Na wa o! This has got to be the best winter ever with all the snow days shutting down schools, government and businesses. Shooooooo; I will take a two or three day workweek EVERYTIME. The other thing that I will take away from all the snow this winter is how the white stuff actually helped my fellow man regain some RESPECT out here in these G** a** times. I ain’t hear any of these females out here running their gums about not needing “NO MAN” with 4 feet of snow outside to shovel huh? How I wish this thing would continue into summer. Speaking of summer, looking like I might need to keep my butt home and rethink my Brazil World Cup trip to go watch the SUPA Eagles because after seeing that dud of a performance this past Wednesday versus the Mexicans man must not travel 20 plus hours and spend all that money to have Naija be shamed on a international stage o. The only thing impressive about the match was the unveiling of our new 2014 kits, Keshi best stop playing these half cast a je butter boys from Germany and bring back proven internationals if we plan to make noise in June o.

(S/O) A Speedy Recovery and well wishes to a SUPA Eagle Great PAPILO!

(S/O) To all of the viewers, followers & readers of the MY OMO NAIJA blogspot. Thank you for your continued support. Love iz Love! P
  
Ok people; let me get focused…

A friend of mine had sent me an article earlier in the week on some start-up firms and several of their cutting-edge business ideas and their growth both in domestic and international markets. So as we proceeded with our conversation, she too then began to introduce a very advanced system to address the issue of gun control and the use of illegal guns. I was like WHOA!

How many times have you sat there either browsing the internet, reading or watching something on television and the first thing that came to mind was “why couldn’t I or why didn’t I think of that”? It has now grown from a weekly to like a every other day occurrence for me in which I stay wanting to kick myself the more I learn or hear of all the new age systems regularly being generated by so many brilliant people.   

All I can trace my tardiness and lack of ineptness to was maybe rather than spending 80% of my time watching ESPN and every soccer, football and basketball game playing I should be reading more and staying in tune with the news and current events better. Oh, how about instead of spending my entire drive playing all the new Naija Afrobeat records and listening to hours of totally useless debates on sportstalk radio, a few minutes of NPR or CSPAN radio would help enlighten me better on my quest to be a change agent.  

The harsh truth is all those people and things we covet that really do not add value to our lives were strategically put place by some guy, company and institutions that simply would gladly continue to accept your business as a paying customer.


I’d rather be a Player-President.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS