Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Father's Lost


What’s really good people?

I am not too sure what has taken place with my blogger account the past couple of weeks but it appears I need to get back in the lab and due some maintenance. Maybe it is me just showing one of those TRUE Nigerian behaviors, spend BIG money on the merchandise but no thought on the upkeep whatsoever. SMH. Anyways let me try to do this week’s blog post in an unconventional way by leading with my SHOUT-OUTS (S/O).

(S/O) Wishing my old man S.O. A Speedy Recovery & Good Health.

(S/O) RESPECT to my favourite athlete Adrian Peterson at this very difficult time. STAY STRONG.

(S/O) To the SUPA Eagles of Nigeria. Wishing the boys all the best on Sunday on the road to Brazil.
  
Ok people; let me get focused…

I ain’t never been one to really comment or speak on the lives of others. Especially those in the public eye l don’t know nor do I care to meet like entertainers, athletes, politicians etc. My blog don’t get down like that, if you want to hear rumors and gossip go look up those other sites to satisfy your appetite for negativity or turn your television to some reality programming. After the news broke today that my dude Adrian Peterson lost his 2year old boy on some peanut butter & jelly BS boy I was not in a good space. I think I been stuck on my Denzel Washington “Man on FIRE” character for like 6hrs and counting now nonstop.

First of all after growing up and admiring my all-time favorite athlete Hakeem Olajuwon it took me like another 15 plus years to even find someone of that kind of pedigree and quality in Adrian. I mean “Iron Mike” was another dude I really liked a lot growing up but everybody knew Mike Tyson was not always right upstairs in the head. But with Adrian it is very simple, this dude like Hakeem is a Man’s Man. His story and rise to prominence, humility, and belief in God almost makes him not real or authentic. It is scary the man crush I have on this dude and am like 10 years older than him. SMH.

So fast forward to today’s news, I first get an email from a friend about the unfortunate event that led to his son being hospitalize then follow that up with the breaking news of his son dying. I mean what do you tell another man/woman in that situation? How does one not just go crazy? Fame, money and success does not preclude people from tragedy and crisis too. How we so easily forget this about celebrities.

This weekend was supposed to be all about the excitement and build up for Nigeria going to Ethiopia to punch their world cup ticket for Brazil. This weekend was suppose to be about me writing about my experience as daddy day care with my little girl. Now this weekend has turned into one weak-minded person taking his frustrations out at the expense of an innocent young little boy. Now people are all in arms about should Adrian play or not play on Sunday. This world we live in can be so selfish. Why is it our business if he decides to play or not? Should it matter what his decision is come kick-off? I will tell you why, for as much as there are people who genuinely feel terrible for his loss, there are a big percentage of people who are looking at the financial implications too if he decides to suit up or not. His club, fans, gamblers, fantasy football junkie etc… all too will be keeping a very close eye on his status. 

What I take away from this tragedy is he will never get to play catch, pick-up basketball or teach his little man that infamous handshake again. I am not big on Hollywood endings or Disney type endings but I suspect the first time AP steps on a football field again whenever that may be I really pity the poor defender who dares to get in his way. That inner rage and fury he plays with is something that makes him a brother of mine.   

Keep your Head up BOOMER SOONER!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS