Friday, March 8, 2013

OVER Promise & UNDER Deliver

What’s really good people?

I came across some fantastic news mid-week that the “Super Eagles” of Nigeria will be heading to Houston, Texas to play in a friendly versus Mexico May 31st. How cool and exciting is that? I get to travel to H-Town for a weekend to take in the beautiful game and watch Nigeria whoop up on the Mexican national team? Sign me up I beg, the only problem I foresee is what to do when the Mexican drug lords and Nigerian 419 Yahoooooozeeee boys decide to try and take matters off the pitch. Hmmmmm; I don’t want “My Omo Naija” peoples body parts getting severed and bagged in trash bags getting tossed into the Gulf of Mexico like that crazy boy Dexter on Showtime.    

OK people; let me get focused…

This week in the DMV turned out to be the big snowstorm that never was. All the hype of 6-10 inches of snow, school and government closings and the rush to buy all the milk, water and bread in sight was another trick to make us spend some dough to boost sales for retailers. As I see it; in recent years more and more people have increasingly grown too comfortable to OVER-Promise but yet UNDER-Deliver time and time again. Snow and meteorologist folk aside, we need to really start to examine and hold more individuals that part-take in such behaviors accountable from parents, friends, co-workers, politicians and even the athletes we aspire to emulate.

Let me start with the parents; please remain mindful of this very flawed behavior towards your children especially if you find yourself inadvertently part-taking in it. In kids eyes, parents you can do no wrong because they adore and love you. It is your responsibility as adults to keep that invisible, irreplaceable and trusting role in tact.

Now let us discuss friends; if you have people like this in your camp you are best off immediately cutting and chopping that a** up like crazy a** Dexter. Look rather that setting yourself up for a massive disappointment down the road, you need to cut your losses early and move on from the situation. You will be better off seriously.   

I like to consider myself a team player but whenever my work requires partnering with people things can get very dicey. I have no patience for slackers, whiners and most importantly EXCUSE makers. The most important rule when it comes to BINNESS is “don’t f**k up da money” and when you have people that exhibit high probability of UNDER-Delivering then you have to discharge them kia kia noni.

When it comes to discussing politicians, I believe this has now grown to be the norm rather than the exception. I see this everywhere; from life in Nigeria to here in the United States I have lost any sense of belief and trust in leadership. The word politics should simply translate to “blood sucking parasites” as that is what these yahooooos do best.

Finally I will simply just say this about athletes, the next time you read in the papers or see on television an athlete swearing up and down, guaranteeing victory and vowing to make his/her country proud you should simply just turn the page or change the channel. These types of characters are exactly whom my older brother has so warned me about over the years, we like to call them the “Joy Killers”.    

Please REFRAIN…  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS