Friday, March 1, 2013

REAL Brothers Do REAL Things

What’s really good people?


My sincere apologies for flaking on you all in recent weeks people. I must do better, I gotta do better and I will do better. Today is March 1st and that means spring is right around the corner. Looking forward to this year’s March Madness, Nigeria getting back on the pitch for World Cup qualifying and good times with "Mrs. P" and friends in Vegas. Wait, did I just say Vegas? YES I did and it is going to be another Nasty African “My Omo Naija” TAKEOVER.
                                                                           

Ok people; let me get focused…

In the three years I been blogging, I have shared with you all that my siblings and I alone can almost field a team of Nigerian Super Eagles and with some additional recruiting we can damn near have a reserve team of our own. Loooooool. Now the best thing about coming from a big family is not only all the play, extra-curricular jocularity and fun but the life lessons and the actual growing together. I have my blood brothers, I have my dudes that are like brothers and I have my little man’s who I look after like my brothers. Now when you put a bunch of males together in one setting the testosterone and competition can at times become aggressive, volatile and extremely edgy but its always LOVE. Well that is after a black eye here, missing tooth there and an emergency room visit every now and then just to put body parts and limbs back together.     

Here it is the other they I had one of my brother's say to me “if I can’t talk to my own brother to teach me and to learn life lessons from whom am I to turn to”? My first thought and response was like WHOOOOOOA slow down “Johnny” – “Am just your brother not your daddy”. There in lies the power of Brotherhood, the ability to dialogue or banter for the sake of killing time, seeking answers, holding each other down or pushing forward in the pursuit of life ambitions. Brotherhood time is organic and can never be duplicated. Like the times when shoot the breeze on how to MAC/RAP to a female or reaching that point in life when you thinking about settling down. Like the times when you come home after catching a beat down all for your brother to say we going back out there and you gonna point out that n***a. Like the times when you low on dough and you need a little pick me upper to get through those difficult times and you get broken off just because your brother wants you to stay SHINNING. So with an army of REAL men holding me down over the years it only makes perfect sense for me to handle my BINNESS and DOMINATE because that is what I was put in this world to do. There are no excuses is how I see it because the LOVE from my brothers is strong.

Let me close out on this quick thought, the most sensible way to reverse today’s state of a dying black fatherhood presence in our homes and communities is to teach our young boys and men the responsibilities of good and meaningful brotherhood. Quality parenting and responsible fatherhood is the wholistic big picture outcome we look for in men with children. However; these skills and lessons are better learned over years during periods of horseplay, video gaming, athletic competition or plain old talking s**t.    

I Love my brothers don’t Love no…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS