Friday, September 14, 2012

This is my Moment

What up people?

Quick question, how many of you all have recently experienced a spike in your “senior moment” gaffes in your everyday lives? I know in the past six months this has become a little too much for me to just brush of as coincidental. I mean a nineteen year old stud such as myself should not be spending half his day looking for house/car keys, mobile phones (Yes am Nigerian and we have a two mobile phone minimum quota), wallet and the worst one is always having to go back inside the house just because in my head I believe I forgot something. Speaking of getting older; am also starting to catch myself when I start conversations with the infamous “back in the day when we were growing up” routine. Hold up, if am nineteen exactly how far back am I truly trying to go back to make a point? The one thing I did not forget this week was to make sure I caught my Kool Keed Aaron’s pee-we league football game (GREAT job Arnie)!!!

Ok people; let me get focused…

I feel so blessed these days and you know there is something to be said for doing things the right way and waiting for your moment. In recent months my life has mirrored a rollercoaster of sort; very little peaks and way too many valleys to be honest. As humans we all succumb to that state where self doubt creeps in and our initial thought is to shut it down and give up but that produces one type of outcome -FAILURE.

To reach the mountain top you do not have to be nasty, manipulative, self-absorbed or even compromise your values or beliefs. The most important ingredient is BELIEF! The belief one has in him/herself and equally important is the belief that others have in you to deliver. However, one can only find him/herself in such favorable position by having put in the work and preparing for success in order to cease their predestined fate.

For this one reason alone it is important that we remain mindful of the company that we keep and just as important is those that we allow to enter our inner-circle. I got one fundamental rule; “If you ain’t with me; Get from me”. It is from the encouragement that we receive from our partners, siblings and life-long friends that help us push through those trying times.

So like many other things in life, all good things must come to an end. The most important question one should ask him/herself is, did I make the most of my opportunity and did I do it my way?  I want to encourage everybody out there who is sticking with their hustle and staying on their grind, faith and belief lead to opportunity. Never let the Dream Killers take you shine away and look to celebrate the small successes. It is those baby steps that ultimately leave the footprint of one’s legacy behind when the band stops playing. Just make sure that when it is time to go, you can walk out the front door with your head held up HIGH.

Walk with me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS