Friday, September 7, 2012

The Nerve of Some People

What’s up people?

This past Wednesday my pops CELEBRATED his 70th birthday. My “old man” is a man of faith, a very prideful man, trail blazer of sort and a man that knows style. As his name sake, I want to believe I have inherited some of his GREAT qualities and a few poor ones as well. 70 years of existence is something special and a FANTASTIC feat for any human being to have experienced. Hear is wishing you another 70 more wonderful years of happiness, memories and chopping the GOODLYFE. So from all of your children we say once again “Long Live our Baba of IDIMU” and We LOVE U! This week also marked the end of my summer vacation with my Kool Keedz and boy am I ever missing all three of them already. Now the one lasting memory I always take away from hanging out with them is all the pop music and boy band songs I grow to become very fond off. The one in particular that I have in my head constantly at the moment is courtesy of my nephew “Ash Baba” by the group FUN called “Some Nights”. HYFR!    

Ok people; let me get focused…

Have you come to that point in life when things just stop making sense?  If you have entered the 30 year-old zone chances are you have encountered this phenomenon at least 25 times. And those of you older heads in your 40s go through this probably every week. Personally, I think can I am starting to live this trend a little bit too much for my liking. Let me share with you all a good illustration of what am talking about; do you know that some people prioritize eating lunch over meeting deadlines or completing assigned task. I mean WTF? And they wanna know why you trippin’ though? Huh? Come again? SMH!

So my friends all love to label me the “MAD ANGRY Nigerian”. It is so bad, I went to an establishment mid-week to take care of some business and the first thing out of the girl’s mouth was, “hey, you the guy that looked very mean the last time you were here”. First thing I thought about was excuse me? And who put you up to this? This chick had the nerve to say the same peanut butter & jelly bulls**t again to me. All I was thinking in my head was, maybe if you didn’t have me wait for over two hours to get service I wouldn’t have my “MAD ANGRY Nigerian” face-on and have that Bernie Mac moment I love so much.

This is my favorite by far; have you ever notice the level of customer service, respect and courtesy you are presented with when someone is after your money or wants your business. I mean they would even sell their momma sometimes just to make a deal. But the minute they get you to sign on the dotted line and have your money in their pockets it is like all of a sudden you ain’t s**t to them. The part that kills me the most is how you are made to feel like a burden and the nature of your request is just so farfetched and implausible.

My advise to anybody that comes across something similar described in this week’s blog is to Bernie Mac SLAP the s**t out there a** and just keep it moving.

You’re Welcome!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS