Friday, January 10, 2014

Countdown to 100 Days


What’s really good people?

Your boy been experiencing a major holiday & New Year hangover people. Don’t know if it’s the winter cold outside this week or just “P Love” don caught a serious case of NEGRO-I-DAS. Funny thing is I like being a bum and having nothing to do for as long as possible but like my homeboy said many years ago, “who you know wanna work”? Gotta be one of the realist conversations I ever had with someone. Anyways hope you all had terrific holiday season and safe New Year festivities. Wishing everybody a safe and prosperous 2014. We gotta start making these years count people.  Oh real quick did anybody catch this week the “Tiger mom” in her new book referring to Nigerians as “Elite & Superior” in comparison to other ethnicities? HILARIOUS. I mean how often do you find something in print that actually depicts NIGERIANS as positive examples for others to aspire to become. I will take it and yes I am BETTER than you and I also have a book now to back it up too. Lol.
  
Ok people; let me get focused…

So during one of my long days in the office this week I took a break and surfed the web and came across one of those self-motivating homemade videos shot by this one girl who was experiencing major issues with her body, self-esteem and all the stuff that “other people struggle with”. Hmmmmmmmm; the video covers a 100 day period in the life of this very obese girl as she started to work on her fitness, improve her appearance blah blah blah… So after watching like a minute of this video I was like this is WACK, why not the “P Man” do his own 100 day challenge.

The more I thought about it, the quicker I started to come to my senses. Life on the couch snaking and watching sports everyday was a WIN WIN so no need to change things up at this point. But then the NIGERIAN in me, I mean the “ELITE & SUPERIOR” in me started to kick-in as I waffled back and forth about committing to a very challenging and rigorous 100 days ahead.

So as of 12:01am January 11, 2014 I am “ALL-IN” on my challenge. I have decided to keep my goals for the next 100 days to myself because they consist of both personal and professional ambitions that I aim to seek and conquer. However, you too can join me in this pursuit in the coming 100 days.

What one goal or goals would you like to focus on?

How great would accomplishing that goal make you feel at the end?

What are you willing to sacrifice to make it happen?

I cam across this nugget today, “remember accomplishment happens in the present, not the future. Do it now!

Clock is ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS