Friday, August 9, 2013

The What Ifs



What’s really good people?

Let’s get right into it folks, this Fatherhood thang is pretty DOPE. Now my wallet on the other hand is taking take a MASSIVE beating. In the words of my brother A+ DRIP DRIP DRIP noni O-SHA-MO! That’s a little Yoruba for you none cultured folks out there. Next on the list is Happy Eid Mubarak to all my brothers & sisters, another year of fasting has just concluded and we give all Praise be to ALLAH the most POWERFUL & MERCIFUL. True story, I got a message in my inbox from my cousin last week along the lines of how many of my recent blog postings had turn to me venting and being angry all the time until last week. HILARIOUS. All that came to mind was how if RAMADAN can’t give me peace, I guess I am really a lost cause and will stay forever angry the rest of my life. But then again I clearly recall at least two incidents in which a couple of dudes got out of pocket with me out here in the DMV and for a split instance I actually showed restraint and was the bigger man. That’s the good news I walked away, the bad news is fasting is over and am fixing to get my Jon Jones on and will start punching dudes in their chest for living like I was back in high school all over again. I think am gonna start this very weekend to work off the rust.    
 
Ok people; let me get focused…

So I never play the Powerball lotto but except this week when someone in particular kept on insisting that he had dreams of us winning the jackpot. Hey I am all into superstitions and signs so whenever someone I know has a conversation with the gods that we fitna “EAT” then am all in like a game of poker. Let’s just say by the time the numbers came out I was feeling pretty confident. I mean I just knew the money was mine; I had the powerball number, got a second number right, and a third and what do you know its like a boxing match you see at times when the underdog has no chance but by round nine the champion done pull a Mike Tyson and you are playing the role of Buster Douglas.

Needless to say I was no Buster Douglas come Wednesday night as my three correct numbers only won me $7. That is a minus $3 if you add up the $10 I spent on my ticket. SMH. So this got me to thinking about all the of what if’s that I have read about in history and lived through in my 30 plus years;

What if Blacks were never sold by other Blacks during Slavery?

What if Nigeria could get a redo on June 12, 1993 all over again?

What if Malcolm & Martin were never murdered before they got together to reshape Black history in America?

What if 911 never happened?

What if O.J. had allegedly try to kill Nicole in today’s social media?

What if the “P man” had decided to transfer to his cross-town rival high school instead of remaining loyal to his classmates in pursuit of team success over individual accolades?

What if Black man had become President of this same United States of America? Wait a minute that did happen and dude is on his second term at that Duuuuuuuuuuuh.

Always Shoot your GUN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS