Friday, November 1, 2013

A Man’s Job


What’s really good people?

We are in November already? Na Wa O! I want to thank you all for the positive, kind and encouraging words in the past week since the launch of Safari. All the support and opportunity for partnering with you all really is what this is all about so its time to get to work and get things poppin’. Oh I gotta tell you all a quick story from the past weekend. I was Ridin’ Out like I usually do listening to my maddening Naija Afrobeats music and pulled up to my favorite gas station to get the cheapest gas in town and holla at my uncle (everybody is a uncle, aunty, cousin, when they come from your fatherland and assimilate in the diaspora). I mean NOBODY does that Good Naija music like P in the DMV. NOBODY! So one Afrikan man in his late 50s early 60s pulls up into the same gas station too and when he passes by me to pay the merchant he says in Yoruba “Omo Naija O kan gbadun ori yen ni o”. I had to let him know “Yes sir I be OMO NAIJA – GREEN/WHITE/GREEN I Never dull am”. Seeing the joy and pride in his face that morning made my whole weekend.  

(S/O) HBD to Mrs. A.I.

(S/O) To the EAGLETS of NIGERIA bring home the cup boys.

(S/O) To everybody that has made the MY OMO NAIJA Blogspot a major success. To the viewers, followers and supporters Love iz Love. Read, Share & Discuss. P

Ok people; let me get focused…

Can someone please tell me what a man’s job is nowadays? Without going all religious and spiritual but a man’s purpose is to serve God and bring glory to the most high. We all can agree to that. Well let me tell you about one trippy wedding ceremony I recently attended in which the minister while speaking to the new bride & groom in the mixed of vowels being exchanged took it upon himself to let everybody in the room know what a man’s job is in a relationship. This old man bless his heart as he was speaking all I could think about was the Dave Chapelle’s Black white Supremacist character Clayton Bigsby “look no further fella you found him”. HILARIOUS

This old man in his tirade basically offended everything under the sun that is now acceptable in this very politically correct world we all live in. He was so good at being bad and ignorant by making blanket statements without research and facts that were totally baseless in which I had never seen people get up and start excusing themselves in the middle of a wedding ceremony and exit the premises. Bless the new happy couples little heart as only God knows what must had been going through their minds in the middle of this EPIC sabotage by old yella.

Through all the misinformation and melodrama that was unfolding right in front of my very own eyes, this nut job of a minister made one statement and point in which everybody in the room could not ignore nor discredit. His point that resonated with an entire room of guest in which he somehow had managed to alienate was that a man’s number one fundamental job is to “maintain the woman”. It so funny how we often get caught up on who is delivering the message, the tone and style in which information is often brought to our attention or presented that we forget the lessons and underlying meaning as to what gives us purposes and value.

BEST Get Maintaining Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS