Thursday, March 24, 2011

Posh Baba says “Am Ready”


Posh Baba















What's up good people?

Spring season is officially here and your man PANKO ain’t even hit full stride yet with the “My Omo Naija” blogspot. Best believe we got much more cooking right now in the lab and it’s definitely going to be “Like that” with our upcoming exclusives.

Irite people; let me get focused…

Look here; on the “My Omo Naija” blogspot, “We Don’t Follow Stars, We MAKE Stars” you DIGG… I have said this many times before, ask around and people will tell you PANKO is all about going against the grain and connecting our audience with quality people full of substance and remarkable stories.

A short while back my people’s across seas reached out to me (KK what up???) and wanted to me know of an up and coming new Nigerian artist that they believe has that “it” quality I often talk all about.  Do remember; I gave you all an exclusive “Up Close” interview with Nigerian sensation AiRis in early January of this year and she has definitely got Naija buzzing rite now with her sound.

So I do my little research and was surprisingly impressed and interested with the sound generated by the self proclaimed “King of Rhyme Africa” Posh Baba. I connected with the aspiring Nigerian male artist recently and was able to pick his brain on topics such as his current projects, much anticipated album due in May 2011 and his genre of Naija hip-hop.

In case you had missed the “One Beat” post we did a few months back on today’s Nigeria music scene and its boom in recent years; the melodies, story telling and production “Sweet One Kind” Yes oooo!!!

Let’s go there…

Panko:            The name “Posh Baba”;
                        do you drive a Porsche? 
PB:                  No I don’t my stage name is Posh… Meaning unique and elegant; I believe I am unique in my style of music; that’s why I am called Posh Baba.

Panko:            Tell us about your debut album and the first singles Konto ft. KSolo and Shaye ft. Terry G.
PB:                  Yeah I recorded Shaye first alongside Terry G. and Klever Jay. The song was produced by the Hitman himself Terry G. The video will be shot soon and will be directed by Patrick Elis. Konto which features KSolo was recorded after Shaye and the video was shot by Patrick Elis pictures. The video is out now spreading fast in Nigeria. Konto was produced by KSolo for Sound Bakery Studio.

Panko:            What is the concept for your songs?
PB:                  I play Traditional Funk Hip-Hop (TFH).

Panko:            Who/what are some of the other artists that you have collaborated with?
PB:                  Terry G., Skally, IQ House of Ginjah, Klever Jay, KSolo, Zeeword, Danny Young. 

Panko:            Terry G; is the guy as animated in person as he is in his videos?
PB:                  Hmm Terry G; I call him the “Hitman G”, my personal person. You need to be with the Hitman himself to know the kind of person he is. His funny, kind hearted, down to earth, simple and transparent but on the screen Terry is the Ginger himself… Joo ooo… Terry to madin Gan.

Panko:            Tell me more about Traditional Funk Hip-Hop (TFH).
PB:                  TFH is my style of rap. You know combination of local languages to make good rhymes. Now I sing and rap to make it 100% TFH. Listen to Lose My Mind ft. IQ House of Ginjah. That’s 100% TFH!!! Joo ooo…

Panko:            I have heard you refer to yourself as the King of Rhyme Africa. Explain?
PB:                  Yeah, I believe I rhyme 16 bars without changing the sound. You know what I mean? Posh na Rhyme himself. I live, eat, sleep and play with Rhymes.

Panko:            I did not know that bootlegging (piracy) is massive and crazy in Nigeria as it is here in America. Tell me more about that.
PB:                  Yeah it’s been controlled now thanks to God and the PMan.

Panko:            What is the state of radio in present day Nigeria?
PB:                  Wow; radio in Nigeria is booming damn fast. Rising I tell you.

Panko:            Describe your swag/style to the females and your fans?
PB:                  Haaa emi ni Posh. Posh Baba Aristo! I spend madly bi eni to je loto… Won leto. Won ri mi won fe ya photo. (In simple English: Posh states that is his Posh the artist, I spend madly on the females as if I just won the lotto. Nobody goes hard for the females like Posh. It’s always love with the females when Posh comes around). Hmmmmm Omole to KarTo. Listen to Konto and you know what I am talking about. Orobo to ni swag called Madin swag.

Panko:            So you have roots in Agege area of Lagos. You be real “ My Omo Naija” huh?
PB:                  Yes oooo… Omo Naija to Madin na my hood. I represent Agege and Pere City, Joo ooo.

Panko:            I see that you grew up listening to guys like King Sunny Ade, Notorious B.I.G. and Big Pun. Give me a quick line of one of their records.
PB:                  B.I.G.; “I remember when I use t eat Sardines for dinner now I am winner”

Panko:            2011 appears to be a big year for you, what’s in the works?
PB:                  Yeah, this is my year by
                        Gods grace. Am dropping
                        my album May 2011,
                        shooting more videos so
                        expect the unexpected.

There you have it people.

Posh Baba truly exudes confidence as you can see. It must be the Nigerian way many of us were brought up. When one is passionate and believes in him/herself the sky is the limit. To that, we wish you much success and love here on the blogspot and will be keeping an eye out for that album release.

Show Some Love…


6 comments:

  1. joo oooo u are everli mouthed

    ReplyDelete
  2. OSHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORLDWIDE I BET YALL AIN'T READY FOR THIS.POSH BABA ALL THE WAY
    DON NACHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad guy with bad rhymes..u rock love from Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  4. posh u are two much..joooo ooooo Oba Rhymes of Africa

    ReplyDelete
  5. naija don't have a clue of what is locked down yet.Posh Baba u're hot.joooooooooooo ooo

    ReplyDelete

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS