Friday, November 9, 2012

U Gets NO PROPS!

What up people?

Hope all my peoples have recovered from their post general election hangover. Question, whatever happened to the whole America is not divided by “BLUE vs. RED” state gibberish I once heard from our famous leader back in a national convention years ago? Question, why are all these yahoooooooze Nigerians putting more energy and time into the United States presidential race over the elections set to kick off in Nigeria in the coming year? Our focus and priorities are all over the place I swear.

Here in the “Capital P” campaign headquarters we are also celebrating. We give thanks to the man up above for keeping us together and pulling us through during such difficult and trying times. All Praises to the MOST Merciful. So it turns out that the road to 270 and determining the next President of the United States was right here in my backyard all along. I mean for all the grief I have taking over the years for being “Mr. Mo County” who knew all the two political giants had to do was cut me a check I would have personally delivered them the 270 electoral votes each candidate so desperately needed. I always knew I lived in one powerful a** county so thank you for the confirmation America.

Ok people; Let me get focused…

One of my biggest pet peeves is people wanting to be acknowledged, recognized or getting credit for doing what there suppose to do. I come across this bulls**t everyday. Case in point, when did it become the exception to the rule to do the RIGHT THING not the cool thing like how we have made the act of VOTING? To make this point more succinct I had to pull a quote from the comedian Chris Rock in one of his stand-up specials. "N*****s always want credit for some s**t they're supposed to do, "They'll brag about stuff a normal man just does. They'll say something like, 'Yeah, well, I take care of my kids.' You're supposed to, you dumb motherf**ker. 'I ain't never been to jail.' Whaddya want? A cookie? You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having motherf**ker!”

In all honesty this is the state of affairs for too many people (men & women) everywhere. By no means I my trying to rain on anybody’s parade for that matter but the next time you find it necessary to call up the radio station, tweet or update your status on facebook, I ask that you take the time to think about the message you give out and the standards you have set for yourself.

Still unclear; here is a list of things one should NEVER consider broadcasting to the general public as you tend to make an a** of yourself:

I go to work!

I pay my taxes!

I’ve never done Drugs!

I pay my bills on time!

I clean my house!

Some things are meant to be kept to thyself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS