Friday, June 14, 2013

The Father I Want to Be


What’s really good people?

What in the world is going on with the very maddening Super Eagles of Nigeria and its governing body Nigeria Football Federation (NFF)? These yahoooooos totally laid an egg versus the Namibians mid week and will have all of Nigeria sweating it out in hopes of advancing into the world cup qualifying playoff knockout stage come September. As if this was not bad enough, these same jokers follow it up by going on strike right before the opening of the Confederations Cup tournament in Brazil all because of a $5k performance bonus rift. WTF! I mean talk about a total national and international embarrassment. Why do we continue to shame ourselves in this fashion? I have said this time and time again, let the “P” man come to Nigeria and run this football body. If you want quality, excellence, results and accountability I am your man. Go check my resume.    

Ok people; let me get focused…

Look here folks the Super Eagles and NFF ain’t the only ones in crisis these days. More important than any football match, conflict over bonuses or lack of patriotism in sports is our most important assets the CHILDREN. That's right; the youngins, little ones or as I like to call them the “Kool Keedz” need our help. Too many of our children today are lost, confused and disconnected and the number one common denominator that I attribute this to is the absent fathers. I often get upset when I start to write about this topic because it is a damn shame that a man if that is what he still calls himself these days has to be reminded and motivated to take responsibility for his actions for bringing a life into this world.     

So you know what people let us flip it on this time around as we celebrate father’s day weekend for 2013. This time last year I shared with you all for my father’s day blog how I am truly a representation of all the quality GREAT men in my life from my father, brothers, uncles, and friends. BIG (S/O) to all of these men again because it is because of their influence, experiences and words of wisdom I wake up everyday knowing that I have a fighting chance and can conquer many obstacles in front of me. But by no means shall I slight the mothers who are serving in a dual role of mother/father in their homes as they too work to raise their children to be upstanding contributing members of their communities.     

It is crazy how I went from being a novice in the field of fatherhood to a certified expert in a span of twelve months but hey I am living proof. So let me drop some knowledge on the people, why is it that when it comes to responsible parenting it is almost as if we are often forced to pick sides? Moms are better raising children. No dads are better raising children and back & forth we go. No wonder so many kids today are stuck, torn and emotionally detached. Just look at all the senseless acts of violence carried out by young people in recent months in our schools and communities. The first thing people dig up are the parents, what type of home life or up bringing and were are the parents are the first questions people want asters to.     

The true answer is it takes TWO; both a mother and father in order to get the best out of a child. Now if you already knew this then that makes you also an EXPERT. So being a good father is not about bragging on how you pay your child support on time, how your child stays fresh with the newest J’s or designers, giving your child whatever he or she wants on command just to keep them quiet. The truth is there is no such thing as a perfect father because good fathers should always tell their children that they too make mistakes and often.The best gift you can give your child as a parent not only a father is your TIME. So Tick, Tick, Tick…

Are you available? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS