Friday, November 11, 2011

Why Do People Get Flowers When They Can’t Smell Them?

What’s Really Good People???

Yo; I gotta get this off my chest real quick people…

Your man “P” was minding his bin-ness the other day like I usually do, kicking it with my big homie “Mal” when I came across a Shark aka a Bitin’ a** n***a. I had seen on my twitter feed that someone LITERALLY reposted one of my blogs word for word, verbatim without checking or asking for consent. WTF!!! “I mean where dey do dat @????” For real; I am all about bridging the gap, learning and sharing with others. But as a warning; THE NEXT CAT I SEEN VIOLATING WILL GET VIOLATED”. And I will most certainly Did it On Em’… I do this for you all. This is your blogspot; so now back to what we do best – TRUTH.

Ok people; let me get focused…  

This past week a good friend of mine experienced a horrific tragedy that led to the passing away of two young boys in an automobile accident. Then another three people I grew up watching and listening to in sports and music passed away; RIP to Andy Rooney of 60 Minutes, boxer “Smoking” Joe Frazier and rapper “The Overweight Lover” Heavy D all went on to greener pastures. To me this unfortunately is becoming a reality and a direct consequence as part of aging, as you grow older this becomes more and more common place so no big deal. RIGHT? But I then thought about a great Kanye West line when he said; “people never get the flowers while the can still smell em’. Can I get a Kay Slay aka “Drama King” DAMMMMMN! This indeed is so true.

For the longest time now; death and people passing away have always been a precarious matter for me to tackle. I think I have gotten better over the years but it is still an area that requires a lot of work on my part. But back to discussing the flowers and what they symbolize to people in their time of bereavement or mourning. It is widely accepted and believed that flowers play a functional role during funerals and serve an emotional element that represents LOSS. Some deem it comforting and warmth at this very cold period on the body’s soul. Others look at it as a means to brighten up a somber environment or a temporary diversion from all the grief and suffering.

In putting together this post; I came across in my research that different flowers have different meanings and that there is a Language of Flowers. Basically; flowers and floral arrangements are often used to send hidden messages. Some represent passion, romance, virtue, friendship, respect, purity and hope.

But please be mindful that those same flowers too have a shelf life. Some argue that flowers are not appropriate due to the nature that they too die and that could lead to the bereaved revisiting their personal death all over again. It should and may serve a bigger purpose to a loved one if/when we make the time to commemorate their contributions while still full of life. So however you choose to arrange and handle your affairs at a time of loss; always remember “You’ll Never Walk Alone”.

Show Some Love…

2 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS