Friday, May 17, 2013

If I Could Only...


What’s really good people?

I must say it is very disappointing to find Nigeria in the news this week once again for all the wrong reasons. “State of Emergency” I mean WTF is really going on with the leadership in my country? The whole thing is just embarrassing and disappointing. If we are GIANTS of Africa as we so often proclaim, why do we as a Republic continue to be so tolerant of ineffective leadership, misappropriation of funds and an inability to help close the growing disparity of first and third world quality of life. How I wish I could have the opportunity to meet with Jonathan up close and have him explain to the general public his rationale for even considering running for another term after his disaster of a presidency. Nigeria we need to stop inflicting these self-inflected wounds on our country and the first step is to make a new way in the soon to be general election of 2015. If not am seriously thinking about getting back on my Chief Keef “that’s da s**t I don’t like” BANG BANG!                      

OK people; let me get focused…

This week I want to have some fun and talk about the “s**t I don’t like”. Looooool. I am already cracking up as am writing this which will make this one very interesting post. The inspiration behind this week’s blog is one particular gentleman I gave my mobile number out to several weeks back in good faith as I had promised him I would give him my support in starting his community program. Well do you know that this yahoooooo ever since we exchanged phone numbers has been blowing my phone up like a stalker ex-girlfriend? I mean this dude calls me first thing in the morning and late at night around the clock like we family. This situation has become so annoying that I almost want to hit myself as a reminder every time I see this dude number on my call log.

Come to think of it giving out your phone number to a phone stalker is just one of many regrettable things we do daily. So I came across four things that we all have in common that at some point in our lives we have done and on more than one occasion unfortunately. Let’s start with;

The Stone…after it’s thrown – We always here never through rocks at glass houses growing up.

The Word…after it’s said - How many times have we all hear the phrase “Oh; them some fighting words now”?

The Occasion…after it’s missed – Thanks to camera phones, Facebook, etc… There is no more excuses to not savor these precious moments.

The Time…after it’s gone – Treat & love those close to you like they will not be available tomorrow.     

Let’s stop making a habit of our flaws

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS