Friday, June 15, 2012

Remember The Fathers


What’s good people?

Last week on the blogspot I begged for Nigeria to get a “NEW START” after the very sad news of the recent Dana Airlines crash. So as my luck would have it, this week Nigeria made the news for the wrong reasons once again, this time for the kidnapping of Nigerian football International Christian Obodo (NWO)! I mean Com’on Son WTF! WHY/HOW in the world do you go and endanger the life of the people that represent you before the rest of the world in international competition? And then we the people get upset with the lack of effort and passion put on the pitch by our footballers when representing Nigeria. If I were a footballer I would not want to play for Nigeria at the moment seriously, the risk is too HIGH and the reward is very MINIMAL. I know one thing though; that Christian Obodo is one heck of a player on my Fifa Soccer game on my PS3 console.  

Ok people; Let me get focused…

This Father’s Day I want pay tribute to all the MEN out there; in particular the MEN in my life. I was told a very long time ago the easiest thing to write about are things you know, eat, sleep and think. So in simple basketball terms this week’s post is a LAY-UP!

In all my years, I have had men like my father, brothers, uncles, cousins, friends, mentors, coaches all play a big/small role in helping to mold me into the adult I am today. I would like to think that their hard-work and time spent on and with me over the years did not go to waste. Do I have things I can improve upon? ABSOLUTELY. But you know for all of my short-comings and weaknesses, I think I am doing IRITE and only getting better with age. 

Now, today I heard a speaker share with the audience this CRAZY statistic. Over 60% of children in America today grow up without their FATHERS and here in the DMV the number is increasingly higher than the national average. Now aside from President Obama, it is my belief and opinion that the next biggest scrutinized group in America is “BLACK” fathers. Obviously, many of us have a difference in opinion on this topic and to each is own.   

This is how I feel; boys are better-off when raised by MEN and little girls’ are suppose to blossom under the guidance and nurturing of their MOTHERS. It is that SIMPLE. NO woman can teach a boy how to be a MAN and I sure know ain’t no dudes out there trying to argue the fact that they can raise little girls better than their mothers.

These are some simple understated qualities FATHERS help to shape in the lives of young people when present and active in their development over the years;

Spiritual Foundation – Be it in practice or taught, father’s are suppose to help shape and play an active role in the lives of the little ones that there is a Higher Being out there and to always fear and respect our almighty creator.

Role Models – Like I have said my previous posts; the most Interesting Man in the World is should only be the one that helped bring you into this world.

Work Ethic – Boys that grow into men that have this trait typically can trace it back to the DNA of their fathers. It is the “Art of Hustling & Grinding” to put food on the table.

SWAG Game – Who else is suppose to kick knowledge to young boys on how to MAC a female? The MOTHERS? From how to dress, groom or carry yourself, fathers set the example for boys on what to aspire to.

Competition – It is the Fathers who should pass on this trait and the importance of never GIVING UP. It is the Father’s that help shape our competitive spirit in life.

We Talking FATHERS not Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS