Friday, June 8, 2012

Give Nigeria a NEW Start


What’s up people?

So let me tell you all about my NIGGER moment this week. I was on my morning commute, in the middle of heavy rush hour traffic and out of nowhere came this chemically unbalanced person that almost rear-ended my car. Obviously, my immediate reaction would be to lash out and express myself the way I would deem fit and keep it moving. But would you believe this CRAZY woman, (I am not going to disclose her race) had the nerve to then speed past my vehicle and shout-out “F**k U NIGGER” and drive away like a GUTLESS COWARD!

But God don’t like ugly, so as my luck would have it, I was able to speed up myself and catch up to her car at the next light and did I ever give her one Good a** tongue lashing and it felt GREAT! I first approached her by talking to her like a 3 year-old, then at the following light I caught up to her again and undressed her like a $2 hooker and finally for good measures; I took the liberty to pull up to her for a third  time and confronted her type of passive aggressive bigotry. The lesson behind all of this is never let someone get you out of your character but once they do, you might as well go all the way.
 
Ok people; let me get focused...

What a sad and tragic week for Nigeria with the news of the devastating plane crash this past Sunday June 3rd. As if times were not bad enough, I was in the mixed of painfully following online the Nigeria Super Eagles match versus Namibia in which they struggled mightily and out of nowhere the horrific news starts to circulates on every major news outlet. Not only was I already frustrated and disappointed about the national teams performance but I became numb to the announcement of the plane crash in disbelief as things went from bad to CATOSTROPHIC.

As I thought about the pain and agony many of us Nigerians continue to experience worldwide in recent years over the state of affairs back home, I was in search of what will return us back to GREATNESS. Somehow, we need to exercise all the remaining demons plaguing us before we start our much needed reformation project. It all starts with each and every one of us acknowledging our faults, poor decision-making and subsequent finger pointing. Too many Nigerians are quick to aim and direct their arrows and bullets onto the so called “corrupt or disingenuous” government officials or social elite for all the countries problems.

We have used these same tired and lame EXCUSES for the past 30 years, as far back as my days in primary school in Nigeria. So after three decades of dormant outcomes and ruins can we all agree that we need to shift our focus and energy towards something CONSTRUCTIVE and INNOVATIVE? I will always believe in Nigeria and its people, subsequently I will remain hopeful for bigger and better days ahead. I have always lived my life as the eternal OPTIMIST and will continue to lend my support to stories that depict the rise of the UNDERDOG. This is why Nigeria I believe as a country has that Cinderella quality and the people will always continue to remain dear to me as I look forward to that day when we climb that mountain top together. Let us stop the self inflicted wounds and identify tangible solutions to our problems. I see a HOLLYWOOD ending in our future. It is time to make it happen.

Stay up Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS