Friday, April 6, 2012

LEGAL DRUG MONEY

What’s really good people?

So I did not win the Mega Million…DAMN DAMN DAMN! Wait a minute I did WIN. I got the power number right, now give me my $6. I think if I study it just right, do some more in depth analysis and here is the key to the whole thing, drive 2 hours to some HICK town in the middle of nowhere to purchase my next lottery tickets from a cashier with all of his/her front teeth missing, I guarantee the next jackpot is coming to mi casa “Capital P”. And if you are still depressed or saddened knowing a week later that your life has not changed and you are back at the same dreadful job as your only source of income then let me introduce to you another gold mine.

Ok people; let me get focused…

I believe around this time last year on my blog spot I was telling you all about my experience growing up African and suffering from allergies. Well folks, I am back on my soap box this week to shed some light on how the legal drug game is played in the USA. When you look at the staggering increase of prescription drug usage, you might make the logical assumption that these drugs are working! Right? The answer is NOT necessarily; I have spent in excess of $200 on prescribed medication the past three weeks and still remain unable to shake my allergies. It is so bad my doctor has turned me into Dave Chappelle's "Tyrone Biggums" character walking in and out of CVS feening, looking for a fix and get my hands on them good drugs. WTF!

Recent studies of rising number of people inflicted with some type of illness despite the use of pharmaceuticals is overwhelming and severely underreported. Not by the patients, but by the developers of the drugs themselves. I have not even mentioned the billions of dollars spent each year on the endless drug advertisements on television. And how about all the money raised each year on finding the so-called “CURES”- my goodness, surely we must be closer by now.

You may have heard about how switching to a generic medication will save you money and may be wondering about how generic medications compare to their brand name counterparts. Knowing the facts about generics versus brand names can help make you a smarter shopper. All generic drugs are reviewed and approved by the federal regulatory body. They have the same active ingredients, quality, strength, purity and stability as brand name drugs.

I am not an anti-medication person. Medications can do wonders for people, me included but I beg the question”what is the goal of the drug industry?” I say to sell as many drugs as possible at the highest cost. The issue is medications are not commodities like cars, clothes, jewelry, etc… Drugs have direct and powerful effects on our bodies. And many of these drugs we take to fight off illnesses or a disease come with their side-effects. Be it perception or reality, fact is psychologically the growing attitude that drugs are the answer for every ache and angst exist.

It also does not help when doctors want to treat every symptom in our bodies with a pill rather than educate patients on the importance of forming good habits in our diet and exercise, especially when the issue is more nutritional than medical. The drug industry continues to remain extremely profitable and that is not even counting the underground legal drug black-market that exist.

All I want to focus on now is bottling up one of those African herbal medicine remedies that treat the common-cold or flu that will receive FDA approval. I will make it available as a named brand and generic. Many of us know tribes in Africa for hundreds of years have taken extracts from the geranium plant to stop symptoms like coughing and sneezing, when this happens I will live the Mega Millionaire lifestyle I missed out last week.   

Time to get this money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS