Friday, December 28, 2012

The Year that was…STAYING In the Fight

What’s up people?

Well Well Well… So this is the final blog post for the 2012 (NWO)! Baba God I HAIL you. I think am going to start of by addressing this entire Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) versus Peter Odemwingie BEEF. As many of you know by now, I am a die hard football lover and Nigerian football supporter. And for the sake of full disclosure Peter Odemwingie has been my favorite Nigerian footballer in the past 5+ years but what took place this week has been totally UNACCEPTABLE. Odemwingie was WRONG and the NFF must change its ways of conducting business. My DAWGS A+ put it best today when he said “if one person own no spoil another person own no go beta” this has always been the Nigerian way of doing things unfortunately. Now I just resumed training this past week; so if all goes to plan, I should be ready for a call up by mid-January if other prominent Nigerian internationals continue to drop out of the team. Stay tuned as I plan to do some live blogging from South Africa in January chronicling my AFCON tournament experience.    
Ok people; Let me get focused…

Time just continues to fly and in writing this week’s blog I came to a realization that this is year number three for the MY OMO NAIJA Blogspot. WOW! Who knew something that started as just a forum to express and share my thoughts freely would connect with so many people all over the world. I thank you, thank you & thank you for joining me for this fun ride. This year I want to close out my final post of the year by going back to where the year started for me.

Twelve months ago to date; what was suppose to be a fun and exciting holiday week with family quickly turned into one of the most trying times of our lives. Through it all our “Angel” and Pound for Pound the toughest person I have ever come to know pulled through and made a full recovery. It is her STRENGTH, SPIRIT and JOY for living that I take away with me everyday to push through on difficult days, not make excuses and rise above life circumstances and make the most out of very difficult situations.  
There is something to seeing her laugh with her BIG smile that does something to ones soul after an entire day spent together. And when we speak of pain, trust and believe that something truly very discomforting will only warrant a tear or temporary moment of sadness in this beautiful girl.  

So in closing; 2012 will be a year I remember as the year that “Staying in the fight” represented more than just catch phrase. The fight for the blessing to continue living, the fight to remain loved, the fight for the “47%” , the fight to come back from a devastating career ending knee injury to be on the verge of breaking an all-time rushing record and Yes, the fight to represent Nigeria and put on the GREEN/WHITE/GREEN in international competition. And in the spirit of the movie RED Tails WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!
There is Special & then there is SPECIAL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS