Friday, July 6, 2012

Keeping Things Simple


What’s up people?

And the HEAT WAVE goes on and on and on and on here on the east coast. I hope all my peoples made it UNSCAVED despite the storm, trees going down and losing power for several days. ONLY in AMERICA Huh? Actually the whole experience has been a blessing in some ways but not having service on my mobile phone was more frustrating than losing power. I even took in the opportunity to hang out with old friends, make a new one, go for a long drives and have lunch at a local area Burger King joint just to catch some of the Euro 2012 Finals featuring Italy vs. Spain. I felt like those old people who set up shop at cafes for like ten hours a day drinking coffee. LMAO!

Ok people; let me get focused…

My idea of a simple life is not your reality television series featuring Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie but more like the Will Smith movie The Pursuit of Happyness. This is a movie made several years back that captured the characteristics of the subtle things we often take for granted in our hustle and bustle times of today. So many of us have succumb to the outside pressures we encounter only to watch the decay of our human qualities.

So now that the power is back on for many of us, I urge you all to reclaim your happiness by doing those subtle little things again and leave your worries behind every once in a while. Trust me; it may go a long way to help keeping you from going crazy. In the meantime I think I am going to focus on some of these few things for the rest of the summer.

  • SMILE – I am just going to practice being HAPPY for the rest of the summer.

  • Ridin’ Out – I will most certainly be taking many more long drives in the coming months. Enjoying the nice breeze outdoors and scenery can do the mind wonders.

  • Create a Plan – I need to set both short-term and long-term goals that I can accomplish before the end of the summer. I definitely know I want to complete my next mile run under 6 minutes.

  • Downsizing – I need to get back to spending less and stop living to pay bills. There must be another way.

  • Stay-cation – I must go away somewhere for a week (preferably in my house) before the end of summer. I have worked way too hard this year to not treat myself to a week of doing absolutely NUFFIN’.

These five things seem simple enough right? Now it is time for you to come up with your plan to live a simple life. My recommendations would be to come up with something basic and try doing it for a couple of weeks and build on it from there. I already know the smiling thing is not going to last for me but it’s worth a shot.

This is the LYFE…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS