Friday, May 18, 2012

Kool SUMMA

What’s up people?

Much RESPECT to the Man City Football Club (Toure Brothers) for demonstrating fantastic quality and heart by prevailing as the English Premiere League Champions to cap off a phenomenal season in the BEST football match of the year. It is now time to root on my guy DROOOOOOOGBA and the rest of the Chelsea Football Club in this weekend Champions League Final on Saturday. Now while all of this is going on, here on this side of the Atlantic we got Lebron STINKING up the joint again in the NBA playoffs. The best part is watching him get PUNKED on the court while his taking L’s all in the same game. Here is a little truth about sports; you either have that “DOG” in you or you go hiding when it comes to crunch time. Lebron got no “DOG” in him.

Ok people; let me get focused…

So Memorial Day weekend is around the corner and I still do not have an answer to what I accomplished the first part of the year. This past few months have been rough but you know I got that DJ Khaled hook in my head right now that I plan on Ridin’ out to all summer long. It goes “Working all winter…Shining all summa”. That’s how your man “P” plans to get it in these coming months. I personally look forward to the autumn and winter seasons every year because that is when I get to foster my wardrobe and catalog the best. Now as for this summer season, I think I am going to attack it as if it were a Five Guys Cheeseburger and go all in.

So I got to thinking, what are some of key ingredients that make for a DOPE summer anyways?

The Heat – All my life, my American friends have always teased and looked taken aback with my strong disdain for the Heat. The first thing that comes out of their collective mouths is “How can you come from Nigeria and hate the heat”? My response typically is “Just because am Black don’t mean I LOVE Chicken either”.

BBQ & Watermelon – You know it is BBQ & Watermelon season when you start to get random text messages or emails from people you have lost touch with an out of nowhere folks want to know when you having a cookout?

Amusement Parks & Jet SkiI have some friends that love amusement parks and the excitement of a Jet Skis. “P” don’t do NUFFIN’ that is not on land. The only thing I do that is remotely close to a thrill in the air is boarding a plane. Let’s keep it moving.

Vacation vs. Stay-cation – If you keep deep pockets, make good use of a nice summer vacation for pleasure or with the family. If your pockets is crying and barely able to fill up your gas tank like yours truly then be creative and organize a Stay-cation that is equally exciting and less costly. Just recline in your lazy-boy chair, close your eyes, play some SOCA music as if you were on an island somewhere.    

Reunions – What is summer with no sort of reunion to look forward to? Be it the annual BBQ where everybody shows up to shoot the breeze and talk the good ol’ days or the custom family reunion when relatives catch up to build on the family legacy. It is always LOVE.

Style – You can’t talk summer and leave out the fashion that comes along with it. I mean the ladies do their thing. So this summer am going keep it simple and just be “Mr. White-on-White” in my native Nigerian garb.

Summer Banga – If you go through an entire summer season without an anthem then you know it was WACK! Be it a Byrd anthem for the females or a Hood banga for the fellas, it must be a certified hit.

Eaaaaaasy Mon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS