Friday, December 23, 2011

How to CLOSE out a Year

What’s really good people?

Am certain many of you out there are already looking forward to the opening of your Xmas presents. Hope nobody is DISAPPOINTED. My camp has several things popping off this week as well; my “Kool Keedz” have officially touched down here in the DMV (SO EXCITED). Two of my older brothers have B-days back to back during the holiday and yes; it almost time to start counting down the dropping of the ball in Times Square for another New Year’s celebration.

Ok people; let me get focused…

So I was sitting around the crib thinking about how am going to close out the year and all the things I have left to accomplish before January 1, 2012 arrives and what I am so much looking forward to in the New Year. Then reality sat in quick, what exactly did I accomplish this past year anyways? Without going into my personal business and appearing in need of a Dr. Phil moment, I will just say I think I did MORE than I DID NOT in the past 12 months.

Question is did you?

So here it is my last chance and opportunity to close out the year with a bang, a sense of purpose, fulfillment and momentum as I begin my road towards EXECUTION and DOMINANCE in 2012. So this is what I came up with that I believe will get me there and can possibly help you too if you still have UNFINISHED business to attend to as we countdown to 2012.

50 Mile Run…I figure with a week or so left until January 2012, I plan to run over 50 miles. This way I can easily reach my target weight of 1>> lbs that I had set for myself since 2004 and start to moisturize my sexy better.  

Less Profanity…I know for like the last ten years I have said I am going to do away with cursing for good. It is just those moments that I experience total rubbish and just want to choke the mess outta somebody that brings it out of me. One week of NO swearing is a great start.

Save Some Money…Your boy is officially a grown a** man with bills.  So the best way to begin saving is recognizing that I don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on a lame New Year’s Eve party.

Call Home…If you have ever lived far apart from your parents/family there is nothing that makes you feel SMALLER than being reminded you need to call home more often. Nobody I know enjoys those you don’t care about us anymore conversations when parents get upset.  

Say I Love You…Be like Nike and Just Do it. I hear it goes a long way.   

Gamble Less…Have an addiction problem? Call 1-800… I just don’t see myself giving up Fantasy Football.

Work When at Work…Now you know like only 3% of people that leave out of their homes everyday that report for work actually complete some office related task. Just look around you these coming days at your office after the holidays and just observe your colleagues and co-workers.

It is never too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS