Friday, July 1, 2011

Come Experience “The Wellness Studio with Ange”

Summer is NOW!

It’s hot outside, so let’s turn up the heat and shift the focus and attention to our health summit for the month of July here on the blogspot. Kicking things off in the first week is a young lady here in the “DMV” that those some phenomenal and motivational work on health and fitness. The self prescribed ambassador for healthy living Ms. Ange Anglade.

OK people; let me get focused…

When she’s not working with clients, you can find her conducting workshops on nutrition for weight loss where she shares her incredible weight-loss strategies and tips on how she has been able to maintain a 50+ weight-loss for 8 years while managing a hectic schedule. Ms. Anglade is extremely passionate about helping moms reach their personal, fitness, healthy lifestyle goals. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from Mercy College, NY; Master’s degree in Social Work from Howard University; Board Certified Holistic Health Coach from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, Certified Nutrition Coach from The International Board of Nutrition and Fitness Coaching, and Certified Prenatal and Postpartum Fitness Instructor from Healthy Moms® specializing in Prenatal Fitness and Wellness.  Her education and experience allows for her to provide quality services and resources to clients. She is also the Baltimore Family Fitness Examiner for examiner.com ™.

I caught up with the very busy mother, professional and health guru recently and we chopped it up. Sapase Let’s Go!

Hit the cut for the interview…


Panko:            Tell me about yourself? (A little Background Info)

Ange:              My name is Ange Anglade, I’m originally from Haiti; I spent all of my childhood and most of my adult life in New York. I currently reside in Maryland with my husband and three children. I am the founder of The Wellness Studio, LLC created to support the busy lifestyle of working moms who want to become fit and healthy. My mission is to help moms create a well-balanced healthy lifestyle without sacrificing family time, dieting, deprivation or spending countless hours exercising. 

Panko:         How did the Wellness Studio with Ange Project come
                   about?

Ange:              I am a fitness fanatic, I love to exercise and eat healthy but this wasn’t always the case.  After having my last child, I found myself tipping the scale at 200lbs on a 5’3 frame.  Carrying that amount of weight on my small frame was extremely painful for me, not just physically but mentally as well. I was extremely unhappy with the way I looked; I was depressed, felt lost and wanted to make a change. I didn’t know where to start or knew how to start. I was juggling home, career, 3 active children and I was tired all the time. I didn’t have time to exercise, didn’t have time to eat healthy but knew I wanted to make a change.

After failing miserable at quick fix diet programs, I finally figured out a system that worked for me. I was able to lose 50 plus pounds and have successfully kept it off for 8 years.  After working my system, moms and women were asking me for advice on nutrition, weight-loss, and wanted me to help them lose weight as well.  I wanted to help women not only lose weight but regain their body confidence that’s how The Wellness Studio came into existence. 

Panko:            What is your vision?

Ange:              The Wellness Studio specializes in helping working moms regain their pre-pregnancy body without sacrificing family time, dieting, deprivation or spending countless hours exercising.  As women we live very multi-faced lives, balancing career, home, personal goals and it’s not always easy to fit exercise and healthy eating into an already hectic schedule. The responsibility and demands of caring, nurturing others can become overwhelming, that your own health becomes an afterthought.  The Wellness Studio recognize that moms are busy and have designed a program that makes losing weight and eating healthy easy, fun and effective. 

Panko:            Your themes of Nutrition, Fitness & Holistic Health to change families, tell us about it.

Ange:              I strongly believe that a mom cannot successfully change her lifestyle to become healthy, lose weight, without changing the way her family eats and lives as well.  Most programs focuses on the mom’s health and weight-loss journey, however, The Wellness Studio with Ange  recognizes that moms do not live in isolation from their families, they play a major role in how their family eat, buy groceries and prepare family dinner. In order for mom’s to lose weight permanently the entire family must serve as her support system and allow her to be the role model of optimum health. Healthy Nutrition and fitness starts with mom but includes the entire family network which will ultimately change the entire family. The Wellness Studio doesn’t focus on a “mommy project” but a “family affair”.  

Panko:            What are some myths or stereotypes people of color have bout nutrition, fitness and health in general?

Ange:              Some of the myths and stereotypes that most people of color have about nutrition, fitness and health in general is the belief that they have to give up the foods that they love in order to lose weight, which is not true. A person can still lose weight enjoy the foods they love, they just simply have to cook it differently. Instead of frying all the time, try baking, switch to olive oil; small changes like what I mention will make big impact. Most people of color especially women have issues when it comes to exercise and their hair. This may cause them not to exercise in order to preserve the beauty of their relaxed hair. Intense exercise is really not necessary when one is starting out a fitness program; simply taking walks will do the trick. 

Panko:            You’re a product of immigrant Haitian parents, what/how was you’re up bringing with nutrition, fitness and health growing up?

Ange:           Growing up in a Haitian home my parents took pride of not having “junk food” in the house.  My mother cooked daily and made a point to provide us with hot well-balanced meals that would help us grow strong and healthy.  Eating at fast food restaurants such as McDonald’s, Burger King, Denny’s, Wendy’s White Castle to name a few was unheard of and was a complete disrespect to my mother’s labor of love meals. Although we almost never ate junk food, my Haitian diet was primarily based on white flour, white flour products, fats and Sugar (lots of it). Needless to say, I was a chubby child growing up and exercise was never part of the equation. 

Panko:            What is the one snack/food you still can’t walk away
                    from?

Ange:              It’s funny that you ask this question, the one snack that I thought I would be never be able to  give up was a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream on top but after changing my diet, my taste buds have changed and I no longer crave brownies. However, I truly enjoy a very warm chocolate chip cookie and will not turn one down if it’s offered. 

Panko:            What are some basic daily healthy tips that you can share to help those ready and wanting to make that change with their health?

Ange:              My best healthy tips for those ready to make the changes to live vibrant healthy lives are the following:

1.) Make nutrition your #1 PROIRITY, prepare and plan all off your meals.

2.) Don’t tie yourself into a “diet” game and restrict
foods from your nutrition plan.

3.) Eat every 3-4 hours and make sure that you are
getting Protein, Carbohydrates and Fat in every single meal. 

4.) Aim for at least 20-30 minute workouts per week. 

                        5.) Have a positive attitude

Panko:            How can our viewers contact or reach you with their questions or interested in learning more about your work?

Ange:              I would love to talk to anyone who is interested in receiving tips, resources and information on how to get their sexy body in “sexy momma.”  I can be reached at ange@thewellnessstudiowithange.com, to learn more about The Wellness Studio, please visit www.thewellnessstudiowithange.com


Change is Never Easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Na Wa O (NWO)!

Na Wa O! - is slang or a pidgin term used back home in Nigeria and other parts of Africa that simply illustrates something unbelievable, makes you speechless or leaves you flabbergasted.


KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week

KOOL KEEDZ PIX of Week
SUFFERIN & SMILIN

POPULAR POSTS